All Aboard for Learn to Sail Bermuda
In response to the growing demand for more accessible sailing and to celebrate being home to the 35th America’s Cup in 2017, the Bermuda Tourism Authority has launched a new learn to sail programme. In association with the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club and the Royal Hamilton Amateur Dingy Club, visitors can now follow some of the world’s greatest sailors, including Sir Ben Ainslie, and sail on the Atlantic waters of Bermuda’s stunning Great Sound.
Proven to be one of the best sailing venues on the planet, Bermuda’s steady oceans, protected crystal clear waters and near perfect sailing conditions makes for an ideal location to turn from novice into talented sailor. The Learn to Sail Bermuda courses are designed for those taking their first sailing experience or those seeking to improve their skills, ranging from half a day up to five day courses for ages five and above.
Royal Bermuda Yacht Club (RBYC) – Established in 1844, Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is one of the oldest yacht clubs in the Western hemisphere and an integral part of the islands’ heritage. Located in Hamilton Harbour it serves as a gateway to Bermuda’s Great Sound. The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) training centre, welcoming sailors of all skill-sets and sailing hours can count towards RYA certification. Now friends and families can together experience the thrill and achievement of reaching a UK recognised sailing qualification in a sub-tropical paradise.
The Learn To Sail Bermuda programme can be customized for those of all ages, with group sizes and beginner to elite skill levels. Junior lessons are available all year round and adult sailing is available from September to May. Subject to availability.
Day courses: Junior & Adult Sailing
- Private Lessons: 3 hours for 1 to 2 people
- Families of groups of juniors between 6-18 yrs
- Beginners or sailors looking to improve their skills
- Hosted in the Optimist, Laser or RS Feva (Dinghy Boat)
Sailing Week lessons
- Over 5 days or 16 hours from 3 to 15 people (1-4 in a keelboat, 1-6 dinghy sailing)
- Focusing on teaching and improving sailing skills with a goal of completing the Royal Yachting Association level 1,2 or 3 certification (level 1 can be achieved in 16 hours)
- All sailing weeks end with a friendly competition sail
- Customized for high performance racing, families or corporate team building
- Hosted in the J80 (Keel Boat), RS Feva or Laser dinghies.
Additional Information: All participant of the Learn To Sail Programme are provided with a life vest and RYA logbook to record their progress.
For more information visit: www.gotobermuda.co.uk/Bermuda_Sailing/Sailing_in_Bermuda/