RYA Policies / Health & Safety
As an RYA Training Centre we take child protection and bullying very seriously. Please find links below to the RYA Policies we adhere to at the RBYC Sailing Academy:
Health & Safety
Safety is a key part of a successful programme. Here are some rules for our dock:
- Lifejackets/Personal Floatation Devices (PFD) MUST be worn. No class at the Academy is run without wearing a lifejacket/PFD. We do have some extra PFDs on hand for children. All adult course have self-inflating lifejackets provided.
- Shoes: The RBYC has a working dock. Shoes must be worn, they should be non-slip, with a back and can get wet. We do not encourage flip-flops for younger students.
- Sun Protection: We are a SunSmart certified camp. Please bring sunscreen, hat, and wear sun protective clothing. We limit exposure for the students in the summer months.
- First Aid: All our RYA instructors have current First Aid certificates approved by the RYA. We ask our students to submit a medical waiver once a year, which is kept confidential.
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated! Please bring a ‘labelled’ water bottle to class. We have water containers on property to refill.